Yesterday I posted about the mango I decided to try to grow. There was about a weeks delay from when I took the pictures and when I made the post, so now it’s already time for a weekly update!
Let’s open this guy up and see what’s happening.
I am terrible at growing things. I often reminisce about how, when I was growing up, we’d always have houseplants inside and I remember having to go around and water them for my mom and it was just nice to have some living, green plants in the house. It’s a regular occurrence where I’ll remember those times and I’ll go and try to have a green thumb, only to fail horribly and kill the poor plant.
I’m pretty sure the cycle is starting again, and I figured I could record me failing (or hopefully NOT failing!) Maybe this time will be different. 100th times a charm!
I’ve always seen instances where people plant the seeds from the fruit they bought at the grocery store and they grow houseplants from them. I thought that was a fun, good idea to try. You’re already buying the fruit to eat it, so now instead of just throwing the seed away, I started keeping select ones to attempt to grow! This leads to my first “experiment”: the mango.
I’m not the biggest fan of mangoes but my fiance LOVES them, and if you’re a mango fan like him, you’d know that a rather large, flat seed is housed in the center of the fruit. But how do you get it completely out? Let’s find out!
Oh hey, it’s been a while. I made this a while ago, but surprise surprise, I’m just now getting around to posting it.
I’ve been wanting to make a cat tree for a while but I had been very wishy washy about actually getting off my butt and doing it. However, after I saw a picture of one made with tree branches that looked super cool, I finally got the fire under my butt to go and make one(and to force the fiance to help!)
Gremlin is spoiled.
This one is the tree that inspired me. I loved that it was made to look like an actual tree. However, it cost like $700. So of course immediately i thought, “Psh, I can make that.” And you get to see just how I did.
So you probably remember my post about painting my loveseat and I mentioned how my plan was to reupholster the bigger couch. Well, I sort of halfway did that. While I was trying to decide what kind of fabric to cover it with, we were storing it in the bedroom because we didn’t have any other space for it. I started to think about how even after I did that project, where would I put the finished piece? The apartment could really only comfortably have one six foot couch in it and I didn’t feel like getting rid of the couch I so painstakingly recovered a few months ago. That’s when this new idea popped in my head. This whole time we’ve been in this apartment I knew I wanted to make myself a tufted headboard and after having the couch in our bedroom lined up perfectly with our bed for a while it finally clicked in my head to covert the couch into a headboard.
Here’s a photo of the couches I found at Goodwill. The one on the right is the one I used for this project. I hated that fabric, so it had to go.
Here are my portraits for this week. #55 is my favorite one.
#53 Photoshop CS6
#54 watercolor, India ink and acrylic
#55 Photoshop CS6
#56 watercolor and India ink
#57 India ink
#58 Photoshop CS6
#59 watercolor and acrylic
#46 watercolor and gouache
#49 watercolor and gouache
#50 watercolor, gouache and acrylic
#51 India ink, acrylic and metallic craft paint
#52 watercolor, India ink and acrylic
The last image is how #49 and #50 should be viewed with proper lighting.